Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

promotional increase

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1promotional increase Empty promotional increase Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 am

jeffboga

Arresto Menor

hi! i would truly appreciate it if you could give me your expert advice on this:

Our company has an annual performance salary increase program. I got my advise letter effective May 1,2011 stating that my new basic pay is "abcD"(previously "abc").

I got a promotion effective May 16,2011. In the contract, it stated that I will receive a 14% increase, however they based the increase on my old basic of "abc", instead of the "abcD" which is my new basic pay as of May 1, 2011.

I inquired about it and they explained that as per company policy on annual performance increase "not eligible for employees who were promoted April/May."

I further researched the employee handbook . It stated under promotional increase section that "If the promotion coincides with the effective date of the annual performance increase(i.e. May 1)the merit increase shall be implemented first prior to the promotional increase."

What do you think I can do kc parang ayaw nilang ayusin yung basic ko. They're insisting na rewarded na ako by the promotion, so indi na ko eligible for the annual performance increase.

Hope you can help me on this.

Thanks.

2promotional increase Empty Re: promotional increase Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:22 pm

attyLLL

this could be a career killer if you push too hard. try a friendly email first to your HR. ultimately, if you want to file a case at nlrc, consider the possible effects

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3promotional increase Empty Re: promotional increase Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:20 pm

jeffboga

Arresto Menor

I've sent HR a couple of emails. I also told them about the promotional increase policy I found in the employee handbook.

If they stick to their decision, and they will not change my basic, do i have a case against them though? what are the possible effects if I filed at nlrc?

4promotional increase Empty Re: promotional increase Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 pm

attyLLL

movie it up the management chain. like i said filing a case can be a career killer. you'll be branded as 'mareklamo'. it's not fair, but that is sometimes the cost of asserting your rights. timplahin mo yung office politics kung hanggan saan kaya.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum