Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Credit Card Collections

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Credit Card Collections Empty Credit Card Collections Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:11 am

jobar1972

jobar1972
Arresto Menor

I have a situation here where a credit card company is charging me for a balance that has been paid down for more than three years via auto debit arrangement. Instead of the owing balance going down. It has been going up. What it makes it more irritating is that they have also called the attention of my superiors. We belong to one company. I have been pressured by or VP-HR to negotiate or settle. I has been trying to resolve this with the credit card company for a long time and I'd also sought assistance of the Bangko Sentral on this matter. I may be employed but I'm also the sole provider of my family(wife and two kids) and won't have enough pay for the services of counsel. PLEASE! I DO NEED HELP! The credit card company involved is HSBC and I'm also employed with them but through one of their affiliates Idea

2Credit Card Collections Empty Re: Credit Card Collections Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:02 pm

attybutterbean

If you do not agree with HSBC’s computation of your outstanding balance, it is better if you can write them a letter-protest explaining in detail why the outstanding balance which appears in your statement is manifestly incorrect. You can furnish the VP of HR a copy of your letter.

The problem with credit card companies is that they always find a way to apply the cc holder’s payments to penalties and other charges so much so that the outstanding balance is hardly ever reduced. When you enter into a settlement such as the auto debit arrangement, it is always best if your agreement is reduced in writing which clearly indicates the outstanding balance as of that date, how much is the monthly payment, period of payment, etc.

3Credit Card Collections Empty Re: Credit Card Collections Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:08 am

jobar1972

jobar1972
Arresto Menor

Would this construe a violation of my rights as an employee under the Labor Code wherein a personal financial issue is being used as leverage and forced upon by my employer to negotiate or as they say find some closure. Shocked

4Credit Card Collections Empty Re: Credit Card Collections Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:16 pm

attybutterbean

Just remember that your employer has no right whatsoever to punish or penalize you in whatever form should you decide not to settle your supposed credit card obligation with HSBC. In the first place, your employer and your creditor are two entities entirely separate and distinct from each other.

Any action taken against you by your employer as a result of your failure to settle your obligation with HSBC can be considered illegal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum