Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adminstrative case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Adminstrative case Empty Adminstrative case Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 pm

stiftrite

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.

I am a government employee in a certain state university and colleges wherein appointed as the head of office in the accounting office. I have 12 subordinates and my office directly reports to the office of the financial management office. All financial reports mandated by law and stated in my job descriptions were all forwarded to the commission on audit for audit. In short I complied all the reports as mandated by law.

In 2009, the auxillary services of the University headed by their director,requested my office to check their prepared report of income. At this time, my staff performing the checking was not able to discover the fraud committed by some personnel. For 2010, The fraud was discovered. some daily sales of the auxillary services were not remitted to the university cashier. The discovery was immediately reported to my head by preparing a internal working paper indicating the days without remittance.

For the case above, I was charge with dishonesty and incompetentcy because according to them(management) i reported an inaccurate report to the management.

Questions:
1. is dishonesty appropriate in this case?
2. on inompetent.. I was able to deliver the necessary report before the commision on audit on monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
3. The COA have identified the persons concern as matter to the unremitted sales.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum