Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Motorcycle hits my father (who's on a bike)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeaniestore

Arresto Menor

My father is on his way to the market when he was suddenly hit by a motorcycle from behind. He fell on his left side and hit his shoulder and head. He rushed himself to the hospital as the other party is attending to his own injuries. The other party left his contact info with my father.

The hospital where my father went had him undergo a CT Scan. He complied with the CTScan as he felt dizzy after the accident but declined the Xray as he felt there are no broken bones. CTScan result said he suffered concussion.

We incurred P11,000 in actual hospital expenses. We filed a blotter with the police who in turn advised us to call the other party if they are willing to settle. We called up the other party and inquired if they are willing to settle but they denied their fault and was not amenable to settlement.

I have advised my father to file a case with the police (is this correct?) and present all the documents (hospital receipts, results and medico-legal certificate). However, since the other party has caused us stress and hassle (1. my sister has a heart condition and she was the one whom the hospital informed about the accident, muntik na atakin sa puso sister ko and 2. they made my father come to the office on the pretense that they will pay my father, but when my father arrived, the offending party and his boss bullied my father).

Aside from demanding to pay the actual expenses, can I demand them to pay for the hassle they caused us para lang maturuan ng leksyon? Meron bang ganito. Actually, just having them pay for the hospital expenses is enough for us but they are denying their liability at ilang beses pinapaasa father ko na i-se-settle nila tapos wala naman.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum