Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

help just bought a lemon brand new vios 1.3 e m/t unit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bulingling

Arresto Menor

hi im new here. i hope you can shed light to our problem. it all started when my husband
bought a brand new toyota vios 1.3 e m/t from toyota quezon ave last december 14 2009.
when he asked his sales agent if he could have his unit test drive since he was going to pay for
it anyway that day, he told us its not allowed, so together with his uncle, a ford mechanic before, they
check the car before then head home.

on dec 18, my husband decided to bring it to casa because he noticed the indicator light in the dashboard
went steady which isn't normal. since there was no driver available to drive his car into the casa, he
drive it himself but accidentally hit a post so the bad the rear bumper was ruined. so his problem now
summed up to indicator light plus rear bumper. later his SA advised him its ok
coz everythings insured the parts will be replaced. they promised the car will be available on dec 21 which was
moved to dec 30 bec of xmas break.

so come dec 30, my husband went to retrieve it the rear bumper looks good as new but his
service advisor told him another problem surfaced: his aircon amplifier is busted. my husband
said how came it happened when the damaged part ws only the rear bumper, then assured him
will be replace but have to wait coz they have no stock. just advice him when to bring it back again.
my husband then agreed to use it without the aircon. went to sm to do some
groceries, parked for 3 hours then went home.
at around 10m from parking , the low temp is flashing, then upon reaching the parking slot, the temp turn to
red- indicating an overheat engine. he didn't open the hood coz might be dangerous and
just opt to check it in the next morning.

the next morning he saw that his coolant is already drained, he called his agent about it and took a video
and pic of it. on jan 4, he went to toyota qa, shown this to his SA and was later advised that he has to pay
for the car to be towed all the way to casa. of course he didnt agree and insist they bring the mechanics
to check the car at home. later that afternoon, the mechanics arrived and check the car, told him that
there's another problem on the car. the auxilary fan is damaged. even though the aircon is on,
the electrical something is not working (opening some fuses on a black box).
as the engine start he put water on radiator and coolant reservoir and rev the engine. my husband asked
if the car could be brought in that kind of condition and he said yes.
if its brand new whyare these things occuring and who knows what other defects will surface,to think
it wasn't break-in yet, the odometer is just 196 kms. we actaully used the car for only 3 days since it was purchased,
up to now its still there in the casa. it is only right to demand for a new replacement.

my question is what should you do if you were handed down a brand new yet defective car or a lemon unit?
my husband already talk to the head officers and insist for a replacement but they said they will make
a report and escalate it to the higher office. is it possible we could demand for a replacement unit or a refund?
how do we file a case in DTI againts the car dealership? where can we find a good lawyer? thanks in advance.

-

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum