Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dismissal of estafa case

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dismissal of estafa case Empty Dismissal of estafa case Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:30 pm

giraffex

Arresto Menor

I was charged with estafa by a former supplier of ours. The supposed amount owed to them was P16,000 and the case was filed on December 2011 yet we settled the amount in question on September 2011 well BEFORE the case was filed. We have an Official Recipt from the supplier to prove it. Upon realizing her mistake, the supplier immedeately filed an Affidavit of Desistance with the Branch in question and I already posted bail. We have a hearing tomorrow wherein the supplier will manifest their desire to no longer pursue the case of estafe against me. My question is is there any way the judge or the fiscal can try to prolong the case even if the party that filed it is no longer interested in pursuing the case? Is there a way I could be imprisoned even if I have already posted bail? Thank you.

2Dismissal of estafa case Empty Re: Dismissal of estafa case Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 pm

attyLLL

sounds like you'll be ok if he actually filed his manifestation and appeared in court.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum