Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to amend a title to include daughters and sons as legal heirs?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wpique

Arresto Menor

Our father who physically and mentally abused us as children as well as our mother has put us out of our home (there are eight of us 30 years of age to 14yo) Our mother has since passed away from the abuse. And is not financially supporting us as we have had to fight to survive on our own. Is the title owner of the house and apartment building and he has a small business drawing income. He now has a gf and illegitimate children and we fear he may transfer or sell our property which we feel as rightful heirs to said properties and income are entitled to. So if any is there any recourse to file a civil suit or at least have our names added to the title to insure our father doesn't sell without our permission?

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

The property is a conjugal property of the marriage of your mother and father. Since your mother has died already, half of the interest of that property passes to the heirs of your mother which is you and your sibling and your dad in his capacity also as an heir of your mother.

ii would seem that your present circumstance with your father would not permit an amicable partition of the property herein involved. I can speculate that a litigation will be needed to have your share on the said property. You will have to hire a lawyer for this to sue your dad for the partition of the said property.

wpique

Arresto Menor

So we can understand your response: If our father were to try to transfer title or sell the property...he would not be able to unless we approve or authorize the transaction, and if he were to attempt or was successful then we would have to file suit against our father.

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

^^ You father will be needing to get your consent before he can sell the property to another because you are a co-owner of it.
yes you have to file a case in case your father will be successful in selling the property.

wpique

Arresto Menor

How would we go about filing for child support for all eight of us? We were abandoned and thrown out of our home. We have had to struggle and earn to live but we feel we deserve some kind of financial support because our family owns an apartment building earning income.

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

sue him for support

wpique

Arresto Menor

Okay...could you tell me how much it would cost to hire an attorney? Would there be a public defender that would do it pro-bono?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum