Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

desperately asking for some legal advice.........

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

drahid

Arresto Menor

Hello! Good day to everyone, I hope you can give extra time to read my story. I humbly ask for some legal advice because I'm searching for answers and right move I might need to do with your help. I'm haidee, me and my husband are both dentist with simple living trying to earn for our starting family. We bought a house somewhere in QC, the seller of the house was based in new york, we got the contact number of the seller thru their "katiwala" which I think is also an agent for selling that house. We were able to talk to the seller and and finally closed the deal that we will buy the house but we are going to loan it and the rest we will pay in cash. Since we had a direct contact with the seller we were able to lower the price of the house, she told us that just dont forget the katiwala, We said ok, we will give them consideration but we will have to finish first our transaction with the seller before we give what is for the katiwala, who unfortunately is one of our neighbors. Months passed by, still waiting for the process of our loan and full payment of the house, katiwala became very irritating for us because almost every week they go to our house and asking for updates of our loan and asking for the money which for them they thought was their commission. But for us it is not a commission but a consideration because my husband is the one who fixed all the papers needed for the loan and it's processing. Still because of pakikisama, we update them and always tell them be patient, we will just finish our transaction with the seller and they will be next in line, it came to a point that they(the whole family of the katiwala) became violent particularly one of his son bad mouthing us outside our house saying " mga gago kayo, nanggagago na kayo ah " and even threatening us that they will force us to move out of the house. It was very humiliating for us, because almost all of our neighbors heard what they are saying and most of them are already our patients, we tried to defend ourselves and even told them that if they move one step closer to us we will shot them with a gun, but we don't have a gun. We did that to protect ourselves especially my 3 little kids. Emotionally we got hurt because for almost 10 years of building our reputation as a good citizen and a good public servant it was bad marked just like that. Also traumatic for our 3 kids because they saw the incident. We filed a case in the barangay against the son, I don't know if the case we filed is correct or complete, one is oral defamation and grave threat. we had two hearings but since the son promised in front of LUPON NG BARANGAY that he will not do it again we forgive him. To give them a lesson and consequence for their bad action they can never expect money from us anymore and he need to do public apology. The case was closed. That same day after the hearing we went home, the husband of the katiwala created a new scene again, still insisting that we should give the money that is for them, the other son even saying that " bakit hindi nila ibigay pera namin, mayayaman naman sila! " I cant imagine why they are saying that, they didn't even know how much money we are going to give them, we are not rich, that is why we loan the house. We are very tired and stressed emotionally of what is happening. My kids are afraid already. We don't know what's going to happen next! We fear for the safety of our 3 little kids. Pls. help us. I would really appreciate all the possible advice we can have. I know that bringing this to court will need some time and finances. We don't have that much money. I'm really searching for solutions which accidentally by god's help I saw your website. I hope you could give us some options and suggestions of what steps we need to do. Respectfully thanking all of you and for creating this site to help those who are in need. More power and God bless!!!!

trina

Arresto Mayor

drahid wrote: Since we had a direct contact with the seller we were able to lower the price of the house, she told us that just dont forget the katiwala, We said ok, we will give them consideration but we will have to finish first our transaction with the seller before we give what is for the katiwala, who unfortunately is one of our neighbors.
I think the seller here promised the "katiwala" a commission just in case the house would be sold. But since you were able to bargain for a lower price, the seller can no longer afford to pay the commission that is why he told you not to forget the katiwala. Now the katiwala is counting on you that you will pay the commission. It would be best that you talk with the seller and ask him how much would you pay as commission and if it is possible that he himself will shoulder it and you will just deduct it when you pay your balance. It is through the katiwala that you got the number of the seller that is why they think that they deserve compensation

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum