Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Employer doesn't pay for days worked during Legal/Public Holidways

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dudung10

Arresto Menor

Hello Attorneys!

I'm seeking your advice as to what actions i could take regarding this unusual practice by my employer.

Sa lahat po ng local holidays (special, regular, national etc) hindi po kami binabayaran ng employee namin ng holiday pay nor was there any offsetting leaves offered. Ang sinabi pong reason ng employer ay dahil kami ay "managerial" level whereas we are only managers by title (think: account manager, project manager etc)

And with some reasearch, by definition sa Book V chapter II Art. 121 item 13. ng Labor Code, hindi kami managers:
"Managerial employee" is one who is vested with the powers or prerogatives to lay down and execute management policies and/or to hire, transfer, suspend, lay-off, recall, discharge, assign or discipline employees. Supervisory employees are those who, in the interest of the employer, effectively recommend such managerial actions if the exercise of such authority is not merely routinary or clerical in nature but requires the use of independent judgment. All employees not falling within any of the above definitions are considered rank-and-file employees for purposes of this Book.

At minsan din nilang sinubukan gamitin ang incentives o "commissions" na nakukuha namin paminsan minsan (na parang di naman commission kasi hindi siya galing sa sales ~ di po kami nagbebenta) kaya daw di na kelangan ng holiday pay. Pero ang mas sinistress nila na reason ay yung sa pagiging "managers" namin.

Tama po ba yung grounds nila for not granting Holiiday pay sa employees? And for ex-employees na wala na sa kumpanya, can they still file a claim for salary due to them on holidays na nagrender sila ng work? Lastly, will a victory in this case force the employer (by NLRC or DOLE) to grant holiday pay to its employees moving forward at hindi na yung kelangan pa magfile ng complaint ng employee sa NLRC bago mabayaran ang holiday pay nila?

Maraming salamat po!!

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

anong position nyo?? are you managerial or rank and file?

dudung10

Arresto Menor

Hi Patok,

Yes we are rank and file pero "manager" sa job title (ie: account manager, project manager, etc)

dudung10

Arresto Menor

bump

vane

vane
Reclusion Temporal

do have a power to fire or hire?

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

panong rank and file pero manager sa job title?

dudung10

Arresto Menor

Halimbawa po: Account Manager - basically an account executive by job description. No hiring/firing power, mainly handles liasing with clients

dudung10

Arresto Menor

additionally, kung sinabi ba ni employer sa employment contract na they won't pay you holiday pay and night diff even if you're rank and file, is that legal?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum