Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child and ex wife support

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1child and ex wife support Empty child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:34 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

what if i cannot commit to the support the court has set for my ex wife and my child, what i can only cover is expenses for my child. what can my wife possibly charge against me here in singapore?

2child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:50 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

According to the rules of the court, support pendente lite is a remedy of a person to seek financial help for support of the child or children. If you fail your obligation, you will be charged with indirect contempt of the court or much more punitive charges.

3child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:55 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

are ofw's here in singapore covered by their law with child support? isnt it my wife can only file a case against me if i am in the philippines?

4child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:21 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

I sympathize but the answer to your question is in negative. You are also bound by the laws of the Philippines accoring to Civil Code Article 15 in this wise.

Art. 15. Laws relating to family rights and duties, or to the status, condition and legal capacity of persons are binding upon citizens of the Philippines, even though living abroad.

Even if you stay or live in Singapore does not change the fact that you are still bounded by the laws relating to family rights and duties.

5child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:29 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

thank you! my last question is, can my wife file concubinage against me here in singapore then?

6child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:03 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

Legally, yes but in practical view, she would just resort to accept the fact that you are important for the purposes of child support.

There is prescription of concubinage, if your wife did not file the case within 10 years upon knowledge of the concubinage, she cannot charge you anymore.

7child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

ang akala ko po territorial ang concubinage na case, na hindi maisasampa kung hindi sya sa pilipinas na commit. salamat po sa tulong!

8child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:50 pm

shad_marasigan

Reclusion Perpetua

You did not state that the crime was committed there in Singapore. I was under assumption that the relationship existed here in the Philippines.

9child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:42 pm

attyLLL

what i normally recommend is for the wife to look for a support group in the foreign country which might help them file a case against the spouse

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

10child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:03 pm

serendipity20

Arresto Menor

thank you attyLLL! my ex wife has filed an application i think for financial support here in singapore, and i have received a summon from the family court, i believe there is mediation, i just dont know if how it's going to work, my salary is only $2000, and my house rent is for $450, i am paying debts that my ex wife made, and i also have other expenses like phone bills, mrt cards etc.. and she is demanding $600 from me.. do i have the right to bargain attyLLL?

11child and ex wife support Empty Re: child and ex wife support Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 pm

attyLLL

yes you can bargain, but i think what she is asking is very reasonable.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum